Netgear xr500 nighthawk router WEP Legacy WiFi Security
Netgear xr500 nighthawk router and other kind wifi router devices will allow you to access wifi connections with all wireless modes. There are some security settings that you will make for these router devices. From 192 168 0 1 routerlogin net page all security settings are possible for Netgear xr500 nighthawk router.
When we talk about security settings for these router devices then you can make all security settings from setup page. WEP, WPA and WPA-PSK security settings are done from Netgear router setup page. When you configure WEP security for these router devices, you are actually limiting the wifi transmissions speed for your router device.
How to Make WEP WiFi Security Settings for Netgear xr500 nighthawk Router?
If you have already decided that you need WEP WiFi security settings for your Netgear wifi router devoices then here are the steps that you will follow.
- First connect Netgear xr500 nighthawk router with a computer device.
- Open web browser and fill 192 168 0 1 routerlogin net address in the address bar. Make sure that you are filling the login address in the address bar of your web browser. When you type the login address in search bar, you will not able to access your device settings page.
- Fill Netgear login user name and then fill the login password.
- Click on “Settings” button from the Netgear router setup page.
- After that click on “Setup” button.
- At the end you can click on “Wireless Setup” button.
- From there you can change the WEP wifi security settings for Netgear xr500 nighthawk router devices.
- You can then change or select the “Authentication Type” for these router devices. You can either select “Automatic” or “Shared Key” security settings for your router devices.
- Change the encryption strength settings for WEP security. 64 Bit and 128 Bit encryption settings are possible for your router devices.
Once all these settings are done, you can click on “save” button and close the settings page.