How to Change WiFi Name for AC3000 X6S Tri-Band Extender
http:// 192.168.0.1 IP address is used when any network device do not have a user interface and you want to change settings for your devices. You can connect your device with a computer and then you can change the wireless settings like SSID settings, network settings, guest network settings, admin login settings and other related settings for your wifi extender and routers.
Wifi settings are very important settings that you will need to make for your devices and you can manage these wifi settings using the login page for your device. you can access Netgear wifi extender login page using http:// mywifiext.net web address and change these settings.
How to Change the WiFi Name for Netgear AC3000 X6S Tri-Band Extender?
When you want to have a different network name for your wifi extender device, here are the steps that you can follow.
- Because your wifi extender device do not have any use interface you will need a computer device for your device login. You can connect your device to a computer using Ethernet cable.
- Provide power supply to your Netgear wifi extender device and computer system and then wait till status LED is solid green in color. This status LED will be solid green in color only when your device get accurate power supply.
- Open web browser to your computer device.
- Fill http:// mywifiext.net or http:// 192.168.1.1 IP address in the address bar of your web browser. These both are the default login address for accessing the login page for your device.
- Fill AC3000 X6S Tri-Band Extender login user name and password. If you forget the login details then you can reset your device to default settings and then you can use “admin” as user name and password.
- Select “Menu” for wifi extender.
- After that you can select “Settings” option.
- Then select “Wireless” tab.
- From there you can change the network name that your device is broadcasting.